Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerts

My dad is a fan of Steely Dan and they were here in Dallas last July playing a concert. I believe Michael McDonald also played that night before they went on stage. However my dad didn't buy the tickets and now he regrets not going to their concert.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Steely Dan is a duo, EF - Walter Becker (bass) & Donald Fagen (keyboards & vocals). I'll be seeing them in September. First I have to sit through (cue off key harmonica solo) BAAAAB....

Oh, I didn't know that. I know Donald Fagen but never associated him with Steely Dan. Oh well, my music knowledge leaves a lot to be desired.

I need some advice from fellow concertgoers.....
    I have to go online at 10 a.m. to try to buy tickets for Sting & The Police. I didn't pony up the cash--$100-- to be a member of the fan club so unfortunately I couldn't take advantage of the pre-sale.
    Anyway, according to the website at the venue, the tickets are available through Live Nation AND Ticketmaster. Do any of you know what their service fees are? And do you have any advice as to which one I should try first?

Thanks!

I THINK that the service fees for my tickets on ticketmaster were around 11-16 dollars. I can't remember for sure, sorry Have you ever ordered through ticketmaster? You have to choose your # of tickets and whether you want best available or not, then you have to do one of those verification code thingy's, then it shows you the tickets and you have 2-3 minutes to decide if you want those tickets or want to try again. If you go with ticketmaster, make sure you're already registered (credit card info and everything) and signed in before the time

If you've used them before...............ignore all the above

Thanks for the advice, Maleah.
    I did end up using Ticketmaster, but when I logged on at 10 a.m., they were almost sold out--I had read that the tickets for The Police were selling out immediately. Anyway, I'm glad to report that I did manage to get tickets, even though they are in the nosebleed section.

Congrats on getting tix DF! I logged on to ILAA at one minute til so I could request tix right at the hour mark for Sammy Hagar. The on stage tix sold out in 4 minutes, the general admission sold out in 15. It sux that half of the tix were likely snapped up by scalpers and will be up on ebay from now until the concert.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    It sux that half of the tix were likely snapped up by scalpers and will be up on ebay from now until the concert.
    So true!

Stuck on the Border

I've booked for another concert - the Antipodes' finest, Crowded House (some of you may know the song Don't Dream It's Over). It's on November 5 (it will be funny going to a concert the night before The Glorious 6th. I hope they play a song called I Feel Possessed which is one of my 'dedication' songs ). I saw Split Enz, the band which evolved into Crowded House, back in 1980 when I was at university in Canberra. So this should be a good night.

That should be a good concert, FP. They play 'Don't Dream It's Over' and 'Weather With You' a lot over here. 'Don't Dream It's Over' was on one of the first tapes my son bought (aged 8 - aw) and I liked it a lot.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I sympathise with the roadworks, Molly.

I've been watching Live Earth tonight. It switched to Australia as we came in from our BBQ supper, and it was amazing to hear Crowded House live.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...