Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

You're welcome. It was no hardship to spend a little time with TBS. Although it did make me sad when he was talking about Glenn. It brought back how odd it feels when someone you know well is no longer around.

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Thank you for the time spent transcribing the interview with Tim.

Stuck on the Border

I watched most of the Needle Time interview. It was good in that Timothy got to talk about his writing process and then his career from getting started through to present day but I think we've heard it all before. I picked out a few things:

- he was offered the Eagles job but had to keep quiet about it for a while and even went out on tour with Poco without being allowed to tell anyone.

- no mention of Felder - even when talking about the attempted 1990 reuinion he spoke of Don, Joe and he getting together in the studio and trying to lure Glenn back.

- he said Don and Glenn were hardly ever in the same studio for LROOE.

- this is the first time I've seen a good version of the Long Run videos in large format and the first time I've noticed they were all wearing make-up (I know that's normal for videos).

- I think he refers to Don, Joe and himself as "The Remainders".

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    UTW

Thank you so much for taking the time to transcribe Timothy's interview!
    Ditto!

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

Banned

Here's Tim talking to Darren Paltrowitz for Guitar World.

It looked like we may learn something new before....

Darren, are we going to talk about my new album?
    Black mark for Timmie

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-ne...ew-album/31106

Another session and interview for the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08njrfj

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I watched most of the Needle Time interview. It was good in that Timothy got to talk about his writing process and then his career from getting started through to present day but I think we've heard it all before. I picked out a few things:

- he was offered the Eagles job but had to keep quiet about it for a while and even went out on tour with Poco without being allowed to tell anyone.

- no mention of Felder - even when talking about the attempted 1990 reuinion he spoke of Don, Joe and he getting together in the studio and trying to lure Glenn back.

- he said Don and Glenn were hardly ever in the same studio for LROOE.

- this is the first time I've seen a good version of the Long Run videos in large format and the first time I've noticed they were all wearing make-up (I know that's normal for videos).

- I think he refers to Don, Joe and himself as "The Remainders".
    I've just watched it too. I don't think I've seen that live, HFO era video of, Love Will Keep Us Alive before. The 1979 date is obviously inaccurate but judging by how young Tim looks, the program makers probably guessed that 1979 was more likely than 1995. .

Tim presented Friday Night to the band as a possible inclusion on Long Road Out Of Eden. If the Eagles record new material, tracks like, Slow Down, I Refuse, You're So Wild, What I Should Do, Waiting Tables, and Long Road Out Of Eden itself, show a lot more diversity and promise than Tim's previous material imho.

Leap Of Faith continues to grow on me. It's definitely my favourite solo Schmit album to date.

Talking of Schmit solo albums, The Friday Music label re-releasing some of the more obscure Eagles solo albums in June. Tim's first solo album, Playin' It Cool, from about 1982 is on the list.

Friday Music is very pleased to announce the newly original recording master compact disc release of Playin' It Cool by Timothy B. Schmit.
    I don't know what to make of the term "newly original recording" but I don't see the word remaster anywhere so I guess this would have been mastered in the early 80s to be played on a record player or cassette player.

http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopi...&view=previous

I need to find out more about Joe Reagoso, who did the mastering

New interview with Timothy including his thoughts on Deacon playing with the band.

http://bestclassicbands.com/timothy-...rview-5-17-17/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great interview! Thanks Philh!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Here's Tim talking to Darren Paltrowitz for Guitar World.

It looked like we may learn something new before....

Black mark for Timmie

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-ne...ew-album/31106
    I just read this interview. The venue he is referring to in the World's Fair in Queens, was called the Pavilion. I think it was the NY State Pavilion at the 1964 Worlds Fair. That is the place I saw my very first concert... It was Iron Butterfly in 1969. I didn't realize that Tim did his very first NY concert there. The structure is still there, however it is in run down condition. It is in the park that I can see from where I now live. I think they are going to renovate it for a few million dollars. I didn't see Poco there, but I did see Poco a lot in NYC in the early 70's.

As for the "black mark" for Tim. I disagree with you.... The interviewer was taking the interview in a whole different direction, discussing his background vocals on late 60's & early 70's albums & if got liner credits for it.... I mean seriously??? He wanted to talk about the new album. I don't blame him for that.