Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Border Troubadour

Default Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Billed as his 70th birthday celebration, with Don being joined by special guests throughout the evening. Tickets on sale this Friday!

Banned

Default Re: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Billed as his 70th birthday celebration, with Don being joined by special guests throughout the evening. Tickets on sale this Friday!

I just double checked the "Eagles, Family And Friends" dates and this show sits on the Saturday, right between the two, so there could be some very interesting special guests, although the geography is all over the place. It could be an Eagles show, not billed as an Eagles show, serving as preparation for their Classic East show as well as celebrating a notable milestone in Don's life.
    Even with Glenn gone, I expect the Eagles to prepare meticulously, for every show they perform.

Eagles will open the first night of the series with Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers. Classic West will kick off July 15-16 at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, with Classic East scheduled two weeks later, July 29-30, at Citi Field in New York.
    I expect the venue and ticket price to compare favorably too.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...oyaWWO9LzYtha6

Pre sale is today. Doubt if there will be any tickets left by Friday
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Don is also doing the Runaway Tour that weekend too. July 22-24. So this date is also part of that.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Decided to go all in and booked the Runaway Tour. Don will be doing the Q&A and photo session the Sunday night after the concert - should be quite an experience!

We have planned to go to Los Angeles to visit our daughter out there in July the weekend before and planned to go to the Classic West concert.

We are seeing Timothy in Cincinnati in April, Joe in Memphis in May and now this....going to have an Eagles filled year!

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome and doing that for his birthday!!! Looking forward to hearing who else is going to be there.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I wish I can go to this, but I'm not upset that I'm not going. I've gotten to see Don twice in January.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-20-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I went on ticketmaster this morning at 10:00 and tried the Amex presale. All three of the front sections were not available. I don't understand. I don't think these are all reserved for the runaway package?? That would be a large amount of seats. Does anyway have any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    I went on ticketmaster this morning at 10:00 and tried the Amex presale. All three of the front sections were not available. I don't understand. I don't think these are all reserved for the runaway package?? That would be a large amount of seats. Does anyway have any ideas??
    AMEX rarely offers anything in the front sections during any pre-sale anymore unless it's offsides like at the LA Forum no matter which customer service number you enter (save maybe AMEX customers with concierge priviledges).

8778770987 is AMEX number I use.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That's awesome and doing that for his birthday!!! Looking forward to hearing who else is going to be there.
    Stevie Nicks

CarolC