Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1171

Thread: Stevie Nicks

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Did ya'll see the clip of Stevie singing at the Troubadour last week with that Harry Styles person? http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...les-troubadour

Young Harry, as you know, is managed by Jeffrey Azoff, whose dad is apparently calling in favors. I'm terrible, I know. Awful.

I was about to post the videos from that show that I found on YouTube.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That was awesome, NMB! Thanks!

Can you imagine accidently going to the Troubadour and those two were performing?! It was probably sold out though to people in the know!

Happy birthday to Stevie! 69? Doesn't seem possible!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Happy Birthday to Stevie!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Happy belated birthday to her and oh my gosh, that clip was AMAZING!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

60 Minutes Australia interview w/ Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf82B3s_bVo

Lol, Lindsey being 'Mr. Useless' because he didn't really have a job during the early years and Stevie was doing a bunch to keep the home afloat.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    60 Minutes Australia interview w/ Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf82B3s_bVo

Lol, Lindsey being 'Mr. Useless' because he didn't really have a job during the early years and Stevie was doing a bunch to keep the home afloat.
    Yes, great interview. As I said elsewhere I have a 4th row for this at a venue I've never been to. Should be fun. I don't know whether to wear the In Your Dreams T shirt or try & dress up (HA)!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    1. Stand Back
    2. Secret Love
    3. Dreams
    4. Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)
    5. Gold Dust Woman
    6. Soldier's Angel
    7. Annabel Lee
    8. For What It's Worth
    9. Rhiannon
    10. Landslide
    11. Ghosts Are Gone
    12. Leather and Lace
    13. Edge of Seventeen

Encore:
    1. Love Is

Please excuse the formatting of this as I copied it from a setlist website which links to videos.

It was a great show; overall, however, I honestly thought the solo songs were better than the Fleetwood Mac songs. I thought she was very brave to do so many. For me the highlights of the new songs were Soldier's Angel, which I think may be her best song since Edge Of Seventeen, and Ghosts Are Gone. She was funny & self-deprecating when she talked about how she 'hung out' with Edgar Allen Poe & told him she would write Annabel Lee. She said that the inspiration for Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream) arose the last time she was in Australia & she credited Australia for giving her the inspiration to resume her solo career.

It was weird that she started with Stand Back, which I now associate with Lindsey Buckingham, because when I saw Fleetwood Mac he played the entire song to me. Dreams was somewhat perfunctory. The arrangement for Rhiannon was longer than the Mac version & some of the lyrics were different ('will you even try'). Gold Dust Woman & Landslide were superb.

I managed to get closer to the front for Edge Of Seventeen (my seat was actually in Row 17) but sadly, eagerly as I had anticipated it, it fell somewhat flat. I think I know the studio version too well. I didn't know the last song, Love Is, at all but I enjoyed it.

Stevie's voice was wonderful & she was in a great mood. She had three costume changes, first a red dress, then black, then white, with the occasional shawl & top hat. It was weird to see Waddy Wachtel, who I saw with Joe back in 1986, and it was also good to see Lori & Sharon, her backing singers. Dave Stewart played on the occasional song.

As for Leather & Lace with her vocal coach, it was OK, but I have to admit here that I am not a huge fan of the song. I know I should be but there you are. I was actually surprised there weren't a couple more songs from earlier albums like Talk To Me or Rooms On Fire. I was even more surprised there was no Sara (but again, this is not one of my favourites). No Gypsy, either.

Sadly the night was somewhat marred by a fight directly in front of me between two men who had been verballing each other. This was at the start of For What It's Worth. Even though they were ejected they both returned later. Also I noticed quite a few gay men. Stevie has become a gay icon, it seems, in Sydney at least!
    For interest, here is my review of the 2011 show. Interesting! I think tonight's show, with the Pretenders, will probably have more of a Greatest Hits feel. I love the In Your Dreams album & hope she does at least a couple of those songs.

It's going to be a long afternoon/evening. I have to get a train at 3.30 pm because I have to get to Darling Harbour by 5.15 for the hospitailty 'event'. I always like to give myself plenty of time.I haven't been to one of these before unless you count the Eagles Farewell One where the VIP people had our own lounge. We get a laminate & a limited edition gift (which I am guessing will be the 24 Karat Gold CD).

Here is an article. I don't want to know the seltist:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...5687a1044d14af

Border Rebel

Have fun Freypower. Hope it's a great show!

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Enjoy the show. People rave about how Stevie always gives a good show.