Page 292 of 301 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

This is a part of a "Where are they now" for 70s rock bands. Yes, by choosing the first and last line-ups, a former member is ignored, but then they also fail to mention Peter Green for Fleetwood Mac.
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainme...DHP15#image=22

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Found this opinion-based list of the best slide guitar solos in music. Although the author is not an Eagles fan, he gives Joe fifth place on his list for his slide solo on Victim Of Love.

http://blog.noahjazz.com/?p=328

That said, Joe Walsh’s slide solo on this song from the Hotel California album is virtually perfect by my definition of what slide guitar should be on a rock song. There is an emotive, wailing quality to the phrasing in the spirit and aesthetic of Duane Allman, while the melodic choices fit perfectly into the “arena rock” framework.
    I agree with his opinion on Joe's slide on VOL - I think it's absolutely brilliant. I especially agree about the excellent melodic choices Joe makes. For the record, number one spot goes to Duane Allman for his slide solo on the Allman Brothers' Statesboro Blues.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just saw this article on Billboard mentioning the Eagles since One Direction has joined them, The Beatles, and others as bands that have had 4 or more members with Top 40 solo hits.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...rs-top-40-hits
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thanks for the link, Buffyfan! I touched on this in the Billboard Action topic. I'm glad to see Billboard confirm what I suspected about the Eagles' solo successes. I do think it's unbalanced to compare the Beatles who had 4 members to Fleetwood Mac who had about 50. And counting U2's Clayton and Mullen on "Mission Impossible" (a cover I might add) as 2 separate hits is kind of lame.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

No problem Delilah. I agree with you too about the other bands. Though did see the 5th member of One Direction Louis Tomlinson is going to release his first single soon too so they might get to 5 by the end of the year. I've noticed too while I didn't care for their boy bandish singles I actually have liked a lot of their solo songs. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Vince's top 5 favorite Eagles songs.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/country/...-songs-w492653

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

"The reconfigured group – billed officially as “Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey” – is taking a measured approach to regaining altitude after the death of co-founder Glenn Frey, Deacon’s father, in January of last year, both in terms of timing and filling Frey’s enormous role.

Variety wrote of the first concert: “If this was a test run for whether a post-Glenn Frey version of the Eagles could pass muster, it augured well on that front, thanks to some smart choices about fill-ins for the late co-frontman. The most obvious live ringer was Frey’s 24-year-old son, Deacon,…looking and sounding spookily like the family patriarch in his most heartthrob-ish post-Troubadour days — and also put on some of the rowdier, earlier songs his father sang….Country great Gill provided as assured a recreation of Frey’s slick soulfulness on ‘Tequila Sunrise,’ ‘Lyin’ Eyes’ and ‘New Kid in Town’ as anyone could.”

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/t...es-1202526442/

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    "The reconfigured group – billed officially as “Don Henley, Joe Walsh & Timothy B. Schmit, with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey” –
    I wondered what the "official billing" was - I figured it was this, but now we have it in black and white.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I was sure that the Eagles were working on a contribution to Dan Fogelberg's forthcoming Tribute Album. The most recent reports had Henley and Walsh credited separately but this article, dated 26th August 2017, bills the Eagles as a collective.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/ente...now/580006001/

No information about which track they are performing or whether or not Frey (Glenn) is involved. I think they're preparing to release it around Thanksgiving time.

After Fogelberg died in 2007, Irving Azoff, Norbert Putnam, Chuck Morris, and Jean Fogelberg began to produce a Fogelberg tribute album in Nashville. Many tracks were performed and produced here with artists including Garth Brooks, The Eagles, Michael McDonald, Vince Gill & Amy Grant, Train, Zac Brown Band, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Donna Summer, Dobie Gray, Boz Scaggs, Casey James and more. The tribute album is expected to be released soon.
    Garth Brooks would never be billed above the Eagles in the UK!

Banned

Everybodies favourite support act, "JD & The Straight Shot, will release its vibrant sixth studio album Good Luck And Good Night on September 15th."

Good Luck And Good Night boasts two memorable covers including a rousing rendition of the Three Dog Night classic Shambala chock full of vocal harmonies, and, in homage to friend Glenn Frey, a sweepingly stunning cover of the Eagles’ It’s Your World Now.
    http://www.gratefulweb.com/articles/...ease-new-album