Page 291 of 301 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Saw this article come up on Glenn's Google Alert that there's some Eagles documentary that was made last year that will be airing on the Ovation channel called "The Long Road". They'll be airing other docs on other classic rock artists too all June. Here's the blurb from the site:

Eagles: The Long Road (2016) - Wednesday, June 7 at 8:00am ET

This documentary pays tribute to the life and career of one of the main band members, Glenn Frey. It revisits the achievements of one of the bestselling and most loved American rock bands of all time. Featuring some of their most popular tracks including "Hotel California", "New Kid in Town", "Life in the Fast Lane", "One of these Nights" and more, follow THE JOURNEY of the life of a true musical icon who will always be remembered.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...gends-20170517
    Thanks for the heads up I saved the air date and am looking forward to watching.

Here's just a piece from UCR re Eagles line-ups.

Might be posted elsewhere. If so, please feel free to delete.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-lineup-changes/

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

Tune in to Good Morning America this Thursday, June 1st to see Earth, Wind & Fire and The Doobie Brothers perform live in advance of The Classic East and West Concerts this July with The Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan and Journey!

10 classic rock songs that radio stations need to stop playing now

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/13/10_c...p_playing_now/

Interesting list. I do hear those songs a lot. I don't see radio decreasing those shoes airplay.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

The article is over a year old. Has anything changed since it was published? I don't listen to classic rock stations much anymore but I doubt "Ol 55" has seen increased airplay. I definitely agree with the alternative suggestions for Lynryrd Skynyrd and Van Halen.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I have started hearing Blondie's "One Way or Another" on a classic rock station.

I said on the Seven Bridges Road thread that I listen mostly to Sirius, and they have a larger Eagles playlist. I hear a good variety there. I hear them on 70s on 7, The Bridge (32), and Classic Vinyl (26) -- and elsewhere, occasionally, but those are the most likely channels.

But yeah, some of these other chestnuts need to be retired for a while. Although, on Sirius, you are more likely to hear the lesser-known stuff from any band. Best money I spend every three months -- no commercials!

The songs I mostly hear a lot on my local radio station are HC, Life In The Fast Lane, Take It Easy, Take It To The Limit, Peaceful Easy Feeling, The Long Run and Lyin' Eyes.

Sometimes I would hear New Kid In Town and Desperado.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Out on the Border

Smile Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Don Henley will be hosting a show on the Beatles channel on SiriusXm this Friday at 5pm & 8pm. Sometimes you can get a free trial for online listening..