Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Default Re: Don Henley at American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - 22 July 2017

Thanks everyone!!

Congrats!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

ETG, good for you!! Have fun!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Rebel

I'm thinking about this. I just got a voucher from American Airlines for getting bumped, and I'm debating between this or a trip to the West Coast (but not for the West Coast Classic Tour, just because I've never been to California.) I'll have to think about it some more. This show is really tempting, though. It seems like it will be one of a kind, and I love that Stevie Nicks and Patty Smyth, but especially Joe and Timothy, will be there helping Don celebrate his birthday.

Border Desperado

The show really does sound tempting Mary! You deserve it

It sounds like it will be a very special show. I don't think you'd regret going!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I would love to know how Don sounds at Leather and Lace and Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough today. Its been probably 25 years since Don sang SLJAE.

I wonder if Trisha will be there or she's touring with her husband. I need to check and see if Garth has a show on Don's birthday.

I wish I could go to this. It sounds like its going to be a great celebration of Don's 70th Birthday. I don't blame Don of not wanting to be home being depress at turning 70. I know the feeling. When I turned 30 seven years ago, I depressed myself.

ETA: Looking at Garth's dates. Unless he adds more dates from now until July 22nd, Trisha won't be on the road at that time. So Trisha could be another guest.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Banned

Don celebrated a wedding anniversary yesterday (May 20th).

http://wncx.cbslocal.com/2017/05/20/...c-may-20-2017/

May 20, 1995 – Don Henley of the The Eagles gets married for the first time to model Sharon Summerall in Malibu. It’s a star-studded affair with Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh, Randy Newman, Jackson Browne, David Crosby, Jimmy Buffett, Sheryl Crow, and other famous celebs at the ceremony. The house band at the reception features Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Billy Joel and Tony Bennett.
    If any of these guys turn up for his birthday show, it'll make it into quite an event.

OK. I looked up Trisha's tour schedule and Garth will be playing at the Forum on Don's birthday. Heck from July 21, 22, 28 and 29. So unless Trisha is doing happy birthday video or decides to not do that one show and go back the next day, she won't be available for Don's birthday celebration concert. I would had loved to hear Trisha and Don singing Walkaway Joe today. Some 25 years later.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Shun, that would be cool to see Don and Trisha sing Walkaway Joe. I have always liked that song.