Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114
Results 1,131 to 1,134 of 1134

Thread: Concerts

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Concerts

Two nights after Queen/AL we went to see Dweezil Zappa for the third time. We were in the second row, right in front of him. He's grown up a bit since we last saw him ten years ago!

I've found the setlist, but won't post it, because a lot of it was (in my view) quite obscure early Mothers stuff. And he had female singers, so even on the songs I knew, I found it hard to understand the lyrics. Of the songs I knew I will mention Zomby Woof, Keep It Greasy, I'm So Cute, Trouble Every Day & I was proud of myself during the encore when I finally recognised Florentine Pogen. It was a set for my husband, a real aficionado. not a casual fan like me.

Dweezil is a fantastic guitarist although it surprised me that he only played a Gibson SG. He doesn't really sing. There was only one song where he did harmonies.

Imagine if Deacon Frey formed a band & played his father's really obscure stuff (although Frank's catalogue was so large .... that's the difference).

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

On Thursday night, I should be seeing Pio Squad & Cocotte Minute.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Y0TZRNLF0&t=100s[/ame]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Two nights after Queen/AL we went to see Dweezil Zappa for the third time. We were in the second row, right in front of him. He's grown up a bit since we last saw him ten years ago!

I've found the setlist, but won't post it, because a lot of it was (in my view) quite obscure early Mothers stuff. And he had female singers, so even on the songs I knew, I found it hard to understand the lyrics. Of the songs I knew I will mention Zomby Woof, Keep It Greasy, I'm So Cute, Trouble Every Day & I was proud of myself during the encore when I finally recognised Florentine Pogen. It was a set for my husband, a real aficionado. not a casual fan like me.

Dweezil is a fantastic guitarist although it surprised me that he only played a Gibson SG. He doesn't really sing. There was only one song where he did harmonies.

Imagine if Deacon Frey formed a band & played his father's really obscure stuff (although Frank's catalogue was so large .... that's the difference).
    Now that's an idea I would like, Fp!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Now that's an idea I would like, Fp!
    Me too, Brooke.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."