Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Justin Hayward on Rock and Roll Hall of Fame award.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...f-fame-w513832
    He's so funny: "I want to start off by saying this is the first time that Rolling Stone is calling me in 51 years. [Laughs]"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    What's with all the hate for Bon Jovi ? I think it's about damn time they got in. I've been a fan for over 30 years, and I hope this is the catalyst for Jon and Richie to put aside their differences and get back together. I am also very happy for the other nominees. I am upset Judas Priest and Radiohead were overlooked, but their time will come soon enough.
    I like Bon Jovi too. Also Bon Jovi won by fan vote so they were automatically inductees while the others were voted by the peers. Most of the inductees that were in the top 5 (except one) became inductees this year. IMO Their are a lot of artists who needs to be in the hall, but if its true about a certain person, they will never be inducted until that person leaves.

I think I read that Richie would play the R&R HoF if they were inducted. Let's see will he talk the talk about playing with his bandmates again even if its just for one night. Maybe they will put their differences sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    What's with all the hate for Bon Jovi ? I think it's about damn time they got in. I've been a fan for over 30 years, and I hope this is the catalyst for Jon and Richie to put aside their differences and get back together. I am also very happy for the other nominees. I am upset Judas Priest and Radiohead were overlooked, but their time will come soon enough.
    I agree and like Bon Jovi too but I do know a lot of people that hate them. A lot are some of the same reasons you see from people who hate the Eagles and that they're overplayed and overrated. There were more that were overlooked too but they should get in soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I don't listen to Bon Jovi myself, but when a band has been very popular for over thirty years, they must have something and it doesn't matter much IMO if some people here and there can't stand them. When it comes to Hall Of Fame, they certainly deserve to be in there. But I'm not saying who deserves to be there more than somebody else. I don't care for HOF.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I apologize for my Bon Jovi dis, that was rude to those who like them. I'm sure my favorite artists would drive some people up the wall.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    He's so funny: "I want to start off by saying this is the first time that Rolling Stone is calling me in 51 years. [Laughs]"
    Ha, he can be very funny.

Stuck on the Border

Happy for Dire Straits and Moody Blues - about Time, especially for the Moody Blues. Also happy for Bon Jovi. I am not a fan of his early music but like his later stuff. I will enjoy watching the show this year.

Me too NKIT - I can hardly wait to see the show. I have been a Moody Blues fan since the early days and hope to see Justin Hayward during his N. American tour. I love Dire Straits as well and think both nominations are well deserved and long overdue. Congrats to all

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

It looks like Richie will be joining his former bandmates at the induction ceremony. I don't think he's going to change his mind, but a lot of them have.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/richi...-hall-of-fame/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Forgive me if I say a few words about Dire Straits.

As I hinted in my previous post, those who know me would know how I feel about Dire Straits. It is not dissimilar to Soda & Fleetwood Mac, although I only saw them twice & have only seen Mark Knopfler by himself once.

I have been waiting for years, with increasing frustration, for them to make the Hall of Fame while other to my mind lesser bands continued to pass them by. They have been eligible for a long time, but this is their FIRST nomination, and they finally made it. The mind boggles. I do feel disappointed that a couple of ex members who deserved to be included, were not (drummer Terry Williams & saxophonist Chris White, who I saw with the Dire Straits Experience last year).

It would be a very big deal if they were to perform together again. They broke up in 1992. But Mark Knopfler & his brother David don't speak & I don't know where drummer Pick Withers is*. I can only envisage Knopfler, bassist John Illsley & keyboardists Alan Clark & Guy Fletcher doing something, but I have no idea what.

*https://www.pickwithers.co.uk/about/

Knopfler as yet has made no comment about the induction. John Illsley & Guy Fletcher have.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...f-fame-w514034