Thread: Fleetwood Mac
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 07:14 AM   #56
Mrs Frey
Stuck on the Border

I thought I'd share this with all of you Fleetwood Mac fans: here in Cape Town, a tribute to them has been running at a theatre called "The Theatre @ The Pavilion", at the V&A Waterfront. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it, but a review running in our local newspaper, The Cape Argus, was favourable. It's running until 7 July.

I don't know much about Fleetwood Mac, but a couple of songs I've heard of theirs sounds good to me. I used to perform "Don't Stop" in my previous band about three years ago. I also enjoy "Albatross", although I hardly ever hear it on the radio (or much else from the '50s, '60s and '70s, for that matter... ). It's a very beautiful instrumental, reminiscent of the Shadows.

JJ, you were saying that you enjoyed retro music because you were there, and that there wasn't VH1 and MTV at that time. Well, I must tell you, those of us South Africans who don't have what they call DSTV (Digital Satellite Television), and I'm one of them, STILL don't have VH1 and MTV! Mind you, after watching VH1 at a friend's house recently (and especially after thinking that VH1 was the "adult contemporary" station), I discovered that I'm not missing much!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
And I know Glenn won't let me down
Mrs Frey is offline   Reply With Quote