Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timothy's New Blog

Default Re: Timothy's New Blog

Quote Originally Posted by timfan View Post
    Timothy has stated many times that he simply enjoys making music so I doubt he feels particular pressure. I expect with the next CD he'll do the same as he did with Expando; work on it in his own studio until he feels it's complete.
    That's the beauty of living where he's living, so much open space and freedom to work at his own pace.

I think whatever he comes up with will be brilliant, it's his life's work.

He talked in a recent interview about how 'personal' Expando ended up being even though that wasn't his intent. I love all of his prior solo releases but with Expando he really let us see another side of his talent and personality that doesn't come thru as a part of 'the big machine and the fans seems to be thrilled. Whatever he does going forward can only be better than anything that's come before, IMO. And now that he's seen how well-received his solo shows are, I think we can look forward to much more.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Don't wish to blow my own trumpet but this is ultimately about Timothy: it was bothering me that I hadn't seen the post about his surfing accident, which was significant in terms of his voice today.

So I updated my blog article:

"What makes his performances excel even more these days is that he had to seek vocal coaching after a surfboard accident approximately three years ago. His laryngeal muscles were bruised and fortunately, he was still able to sing but now, with more remarkable ability than before. He has had to work very hard to get his voice back into shape. I would hate to think that after all these years of singing he would lose his voice over something as freakish as that.

He was a lucky man. They say everything happens for a reason: I believe that had it not been for that surfing accident, his newer, sweeter tones wouldn’t be as pronounced these days: he has a newer resonance in his top notes, greater clarity in his key changes and end-phrasing and a stronger vibrato than before. It gave him renewed confidence as a singer but also, new vision.

In the hiatus between Eagles dates Timothy has done a Winter tour with his own small band to smaller venues, followed by his newly completed Spring Tour; showcasing most of his own songs with some Eagles favourites thrown in to rave reviews from his fans. I think as a solo artist he needed to do that; this was all about his music, not a tangential move away from the Eagles because he is still very much a part of that. And if the posts over on the message boards at www.eaglesonlinecentral.com are anything to go by, he is on a winner and a personal high:

He announced yesterday on his personal blog that he will be resuming writing and recording a new CD in his home studio after a short rest. True to form if Expando is anything go by, the inspirations he has gained through these two tours will make it an enriching experience for him and fans alike. The excitement is building amongst his fans (no pressure, Timothy, we’ll wait)."

Yeah, no pressure at all Would a little help Mr S??

He has already mentioned that he was working on a new cd & in fact I do believe he has some songs already done because he mentioned that he would have tried them out on this tour had it not been for YouTube... because he feared they would appear on YouTube before they were "perfect".
    So we might have had some peak at the new stuff on this go round, but he is keeping it to himself until it's all perfected! Oh well, we missed out, but it does look like he will be doing another tour when he finishes the new album
    Hope it won't be tooooooo long!

In his blog Timothy mentions there are only " a few Eagles commitments for the rest of the year"...I only know of one...hmm?

Stuck on the Border

He is probably referring to work on the History of the Eagles DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    He is probably referring to work on the History of the Eagles DVD.
    FP, I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure the guys do have some work to do on this DVD, so I imagine he is referring to that.