Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Joe's name is on the list to be part of Steven Tyler's inaugural Janie's Fund Gala that will happen on January 28th.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/steve...ies-fund-gala/

I'd love to see this event. I wonder if they will record it.

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-reveals.html

Apparently there is a book out that reveals some of Joe's wilder times.

Oh wow.

You usually don't hear much about Joe in that aspect, this was news, at least to me and the name of this gal. I see Marc Eliot gave his seal of approval.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh wow.

You usually don't hear much about Joe in that aspect, this was news, at least to me and the name of this gal. I see Marc Eliot gave his seal of approval.
    Wow - Poor Joe, what a complete mess he was. It's amazing he made it though all that. Thank God Don and Glenn made Joe go to rehab. They certainly saved his life.
    As for Eliot's approval - lmao !

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Wow - Poor Joe, what a complete mess he was. It's amazing he made it though all that. Thank God Don and Glenn made Joe go to rehab. They certainly saved his life.
    As for Eliot's approval - lmao !
    Jeez, I can not believe he made it through all that either. Getting sober was a blessing. It saved his life and his career. And I think it has probably served as an inspiration for others. At least I hope so.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Well Joe was wild back in the day so I'm not surprised about this(of course if its true). Thank goodness he's not wild anymore(well maybe just a little). lol

I'm just glad he's alive today.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

WalshFan, you seem so shocked...it's pretty much what I figured a day in the life of Joe to have been back then, LOL! And yes, he's very lucky he got help in time.

Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    WalshFan, you seem so shocked...it's pretty much what I figured a day in the life of Joe to have been back then, LOL! And yes, he's very lucky he got help in time.
    Well, I'm NOT shocked about the drugs and alcohol and hard partying bit...of course I knew about all that. Back in the late 80s and 90s Joe looked like he was on death's doorstep, and probably was! I echo the sentiments about his rehab.

Bondage, on the other hand.....well... Let's just say you don't hear as many groupie stories about him as you do other rockstars. That's all I meant. Hahaha. I should have been more specific about my shock but I wanted to keep it clean(er).
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Border Rebel

WalshFan, good enough, thanks for keeping it clean, hahah! BTW, hope you had a good vacation.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well, I'm NOT shocked about the drugs and alcohol and hard partying bit...of course I knew about all that. Back in the late 80s and 90s Joe looked like he was on death's doorstep, and probably was! I echo the sentiments about his rehab.

Bondage, on the other hand.....well... Let's just say you don't hear as many groupie stories about him as you do other rockstars. That's all I meant. Hahaha. I should have been more specific about my shock but I wanted to keep it clean(er).
    Hi Austin - I have to say I was not shocked by all drugs and drinking either. That's what I expected. However, like you, I was shocked by the Bondage stories. I guess I shouldn't have been though. Back then Joe looked terrible in every picture I have ever seen of him. I remember thinking it would only be a matter of time before I heard on tv that he had died of an overdose. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think he would out live Glenn.

How was your vacation ? Hope you had a great time.