Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I love George!!! I did have a life-size poster of him on the wall behind my bedroom door.
    Lol, I had a life-size cardboard cut-out of him! A friend found it somewhere and gave it to me. He knew well my adoration of George!

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Looks like we might finally be able to see Alan Jackson!!! He added a date for his new tour in Dayton at Wright State in March. Loved him since I was little and hopefully will be able to finally see him. I far as I can remember he's never played in my city (which is why we've never seen him) and this is the closest that I know of.
    That’s great Buffyfan! Somehow I never got around to seeing him. His tickets at the Houston Rodeo usually go pretty fast and we end up seeing someone else. But he’s definitely on my bucket list.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    HB — hope you enjoyed GS as much as I did ... what did you think of the lights?
    At Friday’s show, I got spotlighted blind every other song. Was it the same Saturday?
    George was FANTASTIC as always! Like the EAGLES, he can just stand there & sing & the show will be amazing! And he is one of those rare people who keeps looking good with age.
    I enjoyed hearing "Pure Country". I had never heard it live. And I thought his story about Dusty was funny!
    Sorry to hear about the lights, I didn't have a problem. But glad to hear despite the lights, you enjoyed the show. I know I did!

Normally I haven't been a more classic country fan (mostly classic rock/newer country with a southern rock twist) but the first concert I ever remember my parents taking me to was Tracy Lawrence. And now, in my band (we play in the summer mostly), we do Time Marches On. Feels weird to be playing that song. It's about as classic country as I can stomach. Still, it's a cool Strat riff. :P
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm finally, finally! going to see James Taylor in concert - coming up in May. Woo-hoo!!

And next week, going to see classical guitarist Liona Boyd, whom I've admired since I was 14. She came down with musician’s focal dystonia about 15 years ago, which limits the really advanced pieces she can play but I guess I'll find out what she can do. It wouldn't surprise me if she can still play quite well. I heard her play briefly on a recent radio interview, and her crystal tone was unmistakeable. There is something very special about the way she plays.

http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/l...covery-guitar/

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I'm finally, finally! going to see James Taylor in concert - coming up in May. Woo-hoo!!

And next week, going to see classical guitarist Liona Boyd, whom I've admired since I was 14. She came down with musician’s focal dystonia about 15 years ago, which limits the really advanced pieces she can play but I guess I'll find out what she can do. It wouldn't surprise me if she can still play quite well. I heard her play briefly on a recent radio interview, and her crystal tone was unmistakeable. There is something very special about the way she plays.

http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/l...covery-guitar/
    Congrats, NMB! James Taylor has always been one of my favorites, too. I know you'll have a great time!
    Interesting information you gave about guitarist Boyd. I'm going to look that up to learn more.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's awesome NMB!!! My Mom, aunt, and I are looking into going when he and Bonnie Rait are here this summer.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I'm not actually planning to go to this, but it has an amazing line-up - or it would have been an amazing line-up in 1973. I wonder how many original members are left.
    https://www.bigweekends.com/the-week...px#ico=MN_Rock

It takes place at a holiday camp - I can remember going to this one when I was aged three.

Stuck on the Border

Queen & Adam Lambert on February 21
    Dweezil Zappa on February 23
    Robert Plant on March 26
    Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience on May 23

And then I'm going to hope very hard for something else to occur in the Australian summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Queen & Adam Lambert on February 21
    Dweezil Zappa on February 23
    Robert Plant on March 26
    Jason Bonham Led Zeppelin Experience on May 23

And then I'm going to hope very hard for something else to occur in the Australian summer.
    Wow, that's a great lineup! I look forward to your reviews!

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

I'm going to see David Byrne on Aug. 18 before I go back to school in the fall. Tour tickets come with a copy of his upcoming album, American Utopia.