Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

Default You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

....It's well worth it, from the looks of it--wow, words don't do justice what a beautiful desert home it is. I know the current owners are responsible for how beautiful is looks now, but I'm sure the "bones" of the house, as well as it's desert/mountain locale are the same as they were when Glenn owned it in the 70s, so it must have been as much of a real estate jewel then as it is now. It perfectly fit his Southwest fixation from that era, as well as his desire for privacy. And I wonder if he was the one back in the day that put in the recording studio space...?

I tell you, he and Cindy should snatch it back up for a desert oasis hideway--whatta house. (Only drawback is that the current owner either is affiliated with the band, CREED, or is a super-fan--ugh. Though I'm sure you can sage-smudge-stick away that sort of bad musical taste mojo.)

Real estate websites have different pictures (and different prices?):
    Zillow
    Santa Fe Properties
    Trulia

Love that adobe/Spanish style--those arched doorways and heavy wooden doors. And that view...Must have been quite the retreat back in the day.

By the by--isn't this also the house that suffered two minor fires whilst Glenn owned it? I thought Ben Fong-Torres' book alluded to the fact that they were due to...recreational negligence of the narcotic variety...?

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

If that house was in New Jersey it would cost 3 Million and up! Round these parts any ole normal family house in a decent neighborhood is 500K plus. So imagine something like that. 1.1 million looks cheap! And Glen Frey lived there!

Default Re: You can buy Glenn's old Santa Fe home--Have almost $1.4 Million to spare? :)

wow love the view...wonder how long he owned it?...when he sold it?..

That view! Oh my gosh!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Absolutely beautiful view Soda. I love the decor, I'd be quite happy to spend a chilly evening in front of a fire in that fireplace! And if Glenn 's aura was still in the place..... even better.

I agree! Glenn and Cindy should take reownership of the house. Its a lovely retreat.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn!

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

And too bad that one of us did not win the Powerball!!

This would have made a lovely meeting place for The Borderers!

Wow that is a gorgeous home! Love that style.

ETA: What a shower!!!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

beautiful home I cant imagin why they sold it in the first place. beautiful view too

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    What a beautiful home and fantastic view! I love it!! And GA, you are so right about the fireplace and Glenn!

But wasn't this the house that he owned with his first wife?
    Yes. I don't think he ever lived there with Cindy. Beautiful area; I have happy memories of New Mexico. As I said in another thread I wore my turquoise necklace which I bought in Santa Fe to one of the Opera House shows (GA & Soda have seen it).