Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Let's talk about prices to upcoming Eagles concerts. This is not a new topic, it has been an issue since 1994.

Are Don, Tim and Joe money-grubbing greedy thieving fan-haters?

I have three comments:

Tickets for the Columbus, OH show are $159 on Ticketmaster.

I wanted to see Misty Copeland dance in the Nutcracker last night with the American Ballet Theater, but tickets were higher than $159 and I didn't want to pay it. I decided not to go because it was more than I wanted to spend, but I didn't harbor any animosity towards the ballet.

I don't think the cost of front-row seats should be taken into consideration when talking about ticket prices, because that's a different deal altogether. Most fans aren't looking for that.

Default Re: Eagles Ticket Prices 2018

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Let's talk about prices to upcoming Eagles concerts. This is not a new topic, it has been an issue since 1994.

I have three comments:

I wanted to see Misty Copeland dance in the Nutcracker last night with the American Ballet Theater, but tickets were higher than $159 and I didn't want to pay it. I decided not to go because it was more than I wanted to spend, but I didn't harbor any animosity towards the ballet.

I don't think the cost of front-row seats should be taken into consideration when talking about ticket prices, because that's a different deal altogether. Most fans aren't looking for that.
    I agree with this. The ticket prices are high but I’m sure there is some logic that goes into those numbers. They don’t just make up a number and hope people will pay for it

Stuck on the Border

I have three comments:

Hi Mary - I love Misty Copeland - she is so awesome and such a great story. Is the ABT on tour in Calif. ? That's pretty cheap by NY standards.

I think the ticket prices are too high. In most cases they are more expensive than tickets for the HOTE tour. It's me who has been ragging about the front row tickets for $1,640.00(there are no VIP packages for these tours) I saw listed in some venues. I really do feel this is a money grab, however, I realize they have always, since day one, been about the money. When I saw the HFO tour in 1995, I paid $75.00 for first mez. seats at the Spectrum in Philly. The top tickets were $100.00 which was a fortune then. They received a lot of shit from the media and fans for those high ticket prices. So, my answer would be "yes" I think the ticket prices are too high. I don't think Don, Joe and Tim are "fan haters". I think they are somewhat greedy and taking advantage of people's emotions who think if they don't see them now it may be to late.
    People are talking about Vince being with them. I am the first to admit I really don't know too much about him as I am not a fan of country music. My question would be how big a concert draw was he in the last couple of years. After all, he is not doing his songs, he is doing Eagles songs. Doe he warrant the higher price ?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    I agree with this. The ticket prices are high but I’m sure there is some logic that goes into those numbers. They don’t just make up a number and hope people will pay for it
    YEF - The logic is make as much money as you can and charge as much as you can get away with depending on the city they are playing in.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Hi NKIT, yes! Misty Copeland and ABT in Orange County, CA this week! Hopefully I can take my daughter to see her next year.

I don’t think having Vince Gill would affect Eagles ticket prices. I think the guys know what it takes for it to be worth it for them to embark on a big tour. I can’t imagine Vince is a draw, but maybe he does pull in a segment that appreciated Common Thread who otherwise wouldn’t have gone to an Eagles show? He is a pretty big star I guess.

Stuck on the Border

Hi NKIT, yes! Misty Copeland and ABT in Orange County, CA this week! Hopefully I can take my daughter to see her next year.

I don’t think having Vince Gill would affect Eagles ticket prices. I think the guys know what it takes for it to be worth it for them to embark on a big tour. I can’t imagine Vince is a draw, but maybe he does pull in a segment that appreciated Common Threads who otherwise wouldn’t have gone to an Eagles show? He is a pretty big star I guess.
    Mary - Very Cool ! I hope you are able to take your daughter next year. I'm looking into taking my niece to the Nutcracker by the NJ Ballet Company at a town near me. I will be checking the ticket prices tomorrow.

I was hoping to see them in Nashville, but tickets start at
    $95. Can’t do it. No way.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    I was hoping to see them in Nashville, but tickets start at
    $95. Can’t do it. No way.
    Pippin - I am so sorry to hear you can't go. What was the highest price ticket going for in Nashville ? Buffy had want to see them in Columbus,Ohio with her parents but also could not go due to the high ticket prices. I've said this before, but it really is a shame they are pricing fans out of seeing them.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

We really weren't expecting the prices to be that high at all. It's been this way for awhile though as the last time the Eagles were here with Glenn the prices were too high for us to go to. However, it's not just the Eagles but a lot of artists prices just keep going up and up. We've had to be even more choosy lately with which concerts to go to. Thankfully a lot of the country artists I've seen lately have had reasonable prices, especially for the outdoor concerts as the lawn section isn't that bad for Riverbend Music Center we go to in Cincinnati. I also wasn't able to see Garth Brooks and Coldplay in the past couple years at the same venue because of the prices. I know when we saw Paul McCartney in Cincinnati, Tom Petty and Joe at OSU, and Fleetwood Mac (and Steve Nicks solo last year) at the same venue the Eagles will be at they were all cheaper. It's just crazy and how it'll vary between venues and artists. I just assumed it would be less and it actually was cheaper to see Don solo last year too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

The tickets for the Classic East/West were quite expensive and alot of fans who really just wanted to see the Eagles or vice versa Fleetwood Mac were pissed off they were initially forced to buy two day passes when if they had waited they could have bought a one day pass.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016