Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Quote Originally Posted by tac0mao6 View Post
    Headin’ to Las Vegas this weekend for George Strait .. possibly Lionel Richie too
    plus whatever else happens
    I love George Strait!! I have not seen him in years. Are you also going to attend the NFR while you are in Las Vegas?

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by TimBFan
    Also got to meet the legendary Judy Collins and Stephen Stills when they played JCCC in Overland Park, KS this summer.

TBF - I really love Judy Collins, she has such a beautiful voice. How was Stephen's voice ?

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    I love George Strait!! I have not seen him in years. Are you also going to attend the NFR while you are in Las Vegas?
    Couldn’t talk the others into it .. maybe next time.

Couldn’t talk the others into it .. maybe next time.
    That's too bad, I haven't gone in years and would love to go back. Hope you have a great time!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoStrangler View Post
    Meant to post earlier but forgot to... Billy Joel was fantastic! It was a sold out show, and he just legendary, of course! He played 20 songs on the first set, closing with "Piano Man", then encored with several of his most popular songs: Uptown Girl, It's Still Rock n Roll To Me, Big Shot, We Didn't Start The Fire, Only The Good Die Young, and closing with You May Be Right.
    We saw Rick Springfield "Stripped" in a much smaller venue 2 nights later. He's a great storyteller and a pretty funny guy. He knows he's an 80's cliché and just embraces it. His mashup for Jessie's Girl, Stacy's Mom, and 867-5309 is absolutely hilarious!
    DS - So happy you had such a great time ! Billy always buts on an awesome show. I hope to see him sometime this year at MSG.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Originally Posted by TimBFan
    Also got to meet the legendary Judy Collins and Stephen Stills when they played JCCC in Overland Park, KS this summer.

TBF - I really love Judy Collins, she has such a beautiful voice. How was Stephen's voice ?
    Her voice was just as beautiful in her 70’s as it was when she was starting out. Stephen’s voice wasn’t quite as strong in his solo songs as it was back in the CSN&Y days. However in their duets, their voices were perfect. They are great storytellers and quite funny. He mentioned how much he enjoys having young children with his lovely wife, and that he feels very blessed. It was a fantastic concert I’m grateful to have gone to.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Headin’ to Las Vegas this weekend for George Strait .. possibly Lionel Richie too
    plus whatever else happens
    I am going too! I am seeing Reba and Brooks & Dunn tomorrow night & then GS on Saturday night. So excited to see George Strait again!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I am going too! I am seeing Reba and Brooks & Dunn tomorrow night & then GS on Saturday night. So excited to see George Strait again!
    I'm so glad Kix and Ronnie are back together. I knew that wasn't going to last even though they broke up for 5 years before they got back together in 2015. I love their music.

I've never seen Reba, Brooks & Dunn or George in concert. They have came to MS, but I wasn't allowed to see them in concert back in the 90s and I don't think they ever been back here.

Have fun, HB. Good to hear from you.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thank you Shun! I have never seen B&D so I am excited to see them! I am meeting my niece & her husband there
    They are treating me to GS. She is a George Strait fan like I am the EAGLES!

Hope you have a great time HB!

I have seen Reba, Brooks & Dunn and George Strait "back in the day" at Walt Garrison's All Star Rodeo for the Multiple Sclerosis Society at the Mesquite Championship Rodeo, all on separate dates of course. And George many times since. They all put on great shows and now have more songs to add to their repertoire.