Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Memoir

Banned

Default Joe Walsh Memoir

Nearly all the major music news outlets have run with versions of this story;

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...source=twitter

I suppose Joe's one of the few crazy rock stars who, not only, has survived to tell the tail but is also actually capable of writing it all down.

Joe did some radio dj-ing in the early nineties (inebriated years). He said he had a great Stevie Nicks story to share but I never got to hear it.
    I think I've found it today

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=55534

he and Stevie were at some Prince world premier video party together. The video was going to come on the TV but there was a commercial first and it was Kentucky Fried Chicken. Joe was specific and said it was the commercial from the 80's where cub scouts come marching into someone's house all holding these buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken. According to Joe, Stevie thought this Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was the Prince video. Afterwards when she was told it was not the video they all died of laughter.
    Thanks Macfan4life over at The Ledge.

Default Re: Joe Walsh Memoir

He was very mean to Stevie during those radio gigs. I have several of them. I think this is one of those mean jokes he used to tell. I wouldn't have wanted to know a drunk Joe.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well -as well all know, drugs and alcohol can definitely bring out the worst in people. However, I honestly don't think that story was so bad - I think it's kinda funny. No telling what other fantasies or delusions Stevie may have seen when she was under the influence.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That joke sounds like something that most of my family would tell. I don't think it's that bad, just a bit embarrassing.

As I said in the press/blog thread, I can't wait to read Joe's book!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

No, you don't get it. That never happened and he's pretending it did. There is no way in hell that Stevie didn't know a commercial from a video. She was a coke head. People on coke can tell the difference from a video & a commercial. For one thing a commercial is 30 seconds long and a video about 3 mins. This is Joe being mean. Sad but true. He said some truly crazy UNTRUE stuff about her during those radio gigs. I know Soda knows what I'm talking about.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    No, you don't get it. That never happened and he's pretending it did.
    That's a pretty emphatic denial for a 3rd party to make!

It's not a story. It's his version of a dumb blonde joke. I've got some of those DJ shows from the early 90's. He's INCREDIBLY mean to her. It's very sad. I was appalled when I listened to them last year. I realize that as a young person I would have thought these types of attacks were funny. As a grown woman they are anything but funny. As much as I love Joe, I have no understanding as to why Stevie would claim her affair w/a drunken Joe was her "great" love. News must have gotten back to her that he was saying incredibly mean things about her on the radio. Lots of fat joke. Mean, mean ones.

I also think it's a bit of a racist put down to Prince as well. Why would a KFC commercial be played before a Prince premiere video? There's an ugly appearance on the Arsenio Hall show where he accused Arsenio of stealing his hubcaps. You could tell that Arsenio was not amused.
    Last edited by Midnight Visitor; 08-30-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Did y'all read at the very bottom of the article that seems to indicate possible future Eagles shows, one NOT featuring the oldies but goodies. Said they needed to take time apart & rebooting. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

Will be first in line to buy Joe's book.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Did y'all read at the very bottom of the article that seems to indicate possible future Eagles shows, one NOT featuring the oldies but goodies. Said they needed to take time apart & rebooting. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

Will be first in line to buy Joe's book.
    jms, you bet I noticed his implication that Eagles might very well tour again! WOO HOO!

Banned

I'm expecting the Eagles to tour again, once Don's finished promoting Cass County. Although I'm pretty sure Don was working on a second new album. If Cass County is massive, the second album could take priority over the Eagles plus Joe, Tim and Glenn may do a solo stint, that drags out the Eagles hiatus even longer.

The biggest threat to a new Eagles tour, in my humble opinion. is if Joe's book precedes it and it contains something that the other Eagles object to. I'm already thinking the Stevie Nicks chapter could be problematic