Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Upcoming Non-Eagles shows you plan on attending

She seems humble and definitely has a sense of humor about herself. When a reporter mentioned that he bought her album Portrait in the late 70s, she smiled and said, "You're one of the 4 or 5 people who did."

Beth Hart and Kenny Wayne Shepherd last night in Kansas City: Beth was fabulous, KWS, too.

(Timothy B. fans may recall KWS was lead guitar on "Parachute" from the Expando album.)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I'm not familiar with her music but she looks like a real cool chick, Tracy. I see she's worked with some guitar gods: Jeff Beck, Joe B. and Neil Schon of Journey. I'm gonna check her out.

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Going to see Billy Joel in a few weeks. It's been a great concert year for me. I've seen:

Joe Diffie
    David Allan Coe
    The Doobie Brothers & Chicago
    Dierks Bentley
    Montgomery Gentry
    Yacht Rock Revival
    Earth, Wind, & Fire w/CHIC
    Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band w/Grand Funk Railroad
    Donald Fagan & The Nightflyers

Wow, DiscoStrangler, you have been busy!

You are lucky to see Montgomery Gentry before Troy died a few weeks ago. I saw Joe Diffie in June.

I've never seen that many in a year. I would say I would see maybe 3 or 4 artist a year if I'm lucky.

One more day before I see Peter Cetera. Peter will be the third concert this year. I've seen of course Don (early this year) and then Joe Diffie.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-21-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hope you have a great time Shun!!

Out on the Border DiscoStrangler's Avatar

Lucky for sure. It was at the Indiana State Fair a few weeks back. I love Montgomery Gentry, but hadn't planned on going. Their show was on a Wednesday, and I already had plans to see Yacht Rock Revival on Thursday. I figured 2 concerts on back-to-back work nights would be a bit much for me.

As luck would have it, I commented about the MG show on a local radio station's Facebook page and randomly one backstage meet-and-greet passes before the show. How could I pass that up? They were super cool and I mentioned seeing them perform a few years back at Notre Dame and how they absolutely blew away Florida-Georgia Line.

Anyway, it was a fantastic show once again! A couple of weeks ago, I got a notification that they were coming back to Indy in December. I was pumped to buy tickets to see them for a 3rd time. 2 hours later though, I saw the news that Gentry was tragically killed.

Stuck on the Border

Wow - DS - I am impressed ! Good for you.

Shun - Have a great time and let us know how the show was !

Peter's show was amazing. This show was one of his symphony orchestra concert. So no electric. Just acoustics, strings, percussion and horns. LOL

I was way at the top. Almost at the last row, but I had a great view. Peter kinda looked like an ant, but it wasn't too bad. You can still see his face. The Beau Rivage also had screens. So you can see Peter very close. Also. Can I say that Peter has the most beautiful eyes. I'm a sucker for guys with beautiful eyes. I have no idea what color are his eyes. Sometimes they look blue. Sometimes they look green. Either way his eyes are beautiful.

The show starts 10 minutes late. Before Peter and his band came out, the symphony orchestra played a medley of Peter's solo and Chicago hits. They sounded very good. Then Peter came out. I have to say Peter still has it. He still has that beautiful voice nobody has.

I was kinda disappointed that he didn't sing Restless Heart. He usually opens with that song, but he didn't with this song.

Other than that, I had a wonderful time. I was soo not disappointed in the show. I'm so glad I bought a ticket to see his show and I would definitely see it again. It was soo worth the 3 hours to Biloxi. Once the show was over, I got back on the road and took that long 3 hour drive back home. I took pictures, but he was coming out whitewash in the pictures and even on the screen, but I could get clearer pictures of his band. Darn spotlight. LOL

I follow Peter on Instagram and Peter posted some pictures from the beach. So Peter decides to funny. He posted funny pictures of him on the beach and found a doll without a head. He was trying to be a reporter. It was funny. You had to go to his Instagram page to see what he was saying. It was soo funny. I really loved that he's very active on his Instagram page.

I was at the gas station getting gas for my car so I won't have to do it when I left and saw he did an interview for The Biloxi Sun Herald. So I bought it and that's my little souvenir.

Here's the setlist.
    Symphony orchestra playing a medley of Peter's songs
    No Explanation
    Baby what a big surprise
    After all
    Glory of love
    You're the inspiration
    One more woman
    Introduces the band right here
    I wanna take forever tonight
    If you leave me now
    Stay the night
    Next time I fall
    Hard habit to break
    Hard to say I'm sorry
    25 or 6 to 4

Encore:
    Have you ever been in love
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-25-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley