Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Lots of people are benefiting from Deacon becoming a touring member of the Eagles because if Henley is being honest the band would NOT have reformed and there would be no 40 plus concert tour paychecks. Think about it. Everyone from Irving Azoff & his Companies, the band members themselves, road crew, transportation companies, hotels, merchandise vendors, ticket brokers, etc the list goes on, ALL are benefiting from the Eagles 2017 and 2018 tour.

Of course, not everyone believes Henley and indeed why would we?

"Accept No Substitutes" - Don Henley

Psst ... unless it's Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    You could be right but I feel like he has a lot of fun doing this and loves this opportunity. Even if he prefers hip hop this is great for his own career no matter what he does. I doubt don would beg to Deacon. I’m not sure who’s idea it was first but I find the scenario of Don pleading for a reluctant Deacon to join unlikely. For as much Don loves money, he is near the end of his life. His time is the most important thing. He has limited time with his kids who are still young. I don’t think he is willing to just give up all that time in his life just for the sake of money. He must at some level enjoy this or have a deeper reason to do this. Money doesn’t help him that much At this point in his life
    In addition to multi millions there is an emotional need being satisfied as well.

As for Don, it's called ego.

And,

Feeding the monster they created.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Lots of people are benefiting from Deacon becoming a touring member of the Eagles because if Henley is being honest the band would NOT have reformed and there would be no 40 plus concert tour paychecks. Think about it. Everyone from Irving Azoff & his Companies, the band members themselves, road crew, transportation companies, hotels, merchandise vendors, ticket brokers, etc the list goes on, ALL are benefiting from the Eagles 2017 and 2018 tour.

Of course, not everyone believes Henley and indeed why would we?

"Accept No Substitutes" - Don Henley

Psst ... unless it's Vince Gill and Deacon Frey.
    The people who are not benefiting are people like you and me who feel betrayed & hurt that people actually want to pay these obscene prices to see this act knowing that Glenn Frey is not part of it. It's the acquiescence in it that I find so hard to deal with. I thought there would be more resistance on this board if not amongst the general public. How wrong I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The people who are not benefiting are people like you and me who feel betrayed & hurt that people actually want to pay these obscene prices to see this act knowing that Glenn Frey is not part of it. It's the acquiescence in it that I find so hard to deal with. I thought there would be more resistance on this board if not amongst the general public. How wrong I was.
    Yes, I find it very troubling as well.

You could be right but I feel like he has a lot of fun doing this and loves this opportunity. Even if he prefers hip hop this is great for his own career no matter what he does. I doubt don would beg to Deacon. I’m not sure who’s idea it was first but I find the scenario of Don pleading for a reluctant Deacon to join unlikely. For as much Don loves money, he is near the end of his life. His time is the most important thing. He has limited time with his kids who are still young. I don’t think he is willing to just give up all that time in his life just for the sake of money. He must at some level enjoy this or have a deeper reason to do this. Money doesn’t help him that much At this point in his life
    I wouldn't be so sure, YEF.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure, YEF.
    I’ll easily agree that I could be wrong. I just don’t think it’s solely money. Don spends a lot of his time doing business stuff. He has stated his desire to travel a couple years with his son. But with his touring that makes it hard. Money is key motivator for him to do this but I just don’t that’s the only thing. He could make a lot by selling a lot of stuff in the vault but doesn’t because of other reasons. I think it’s a few reasons not just one. But I cannot claim to know any of this

In addition to multi millions there is an emotional need being satisfied as well.

As for Don, it's called ego.

And,

Feeding the monster they created.
    I don’t really see how him continuing builds his ego. Again these guys are old, his living standard won’t increase of this tour. So if he willing to sacrifice that much time there needs to be something else he likes about it. Money helps yes but at this point his relative wealth is intact. Unless he wants more for his kids, more money won’t mean that much to him at this age

I’m just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?

I’m just curious but had Glenn wanted the band to move on without him with Deacon replacing him, would the anti 3.0 side be ok with this? Or would you think that any group without Glenn calling themselves the Eagles would be wrong?
    I can only speak for myself and tell you at this point I don't care to waste my time or energy playing "what if" games.

I can only speak for myself and tell you at this point I don't care to waste my time or energy playing "what if" games.
    That’s fine I’m just trying to understand if the anti 3.0 group is more motivated by believing Glenn would be against this or that the Eagles can’t exist without Glenn.