Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy B Schmit Health Update

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Timothy B Schmit Health Update

It's certainly possible that he won't sing I Can't Tell You Why in Vegas, but that would be sad if he doesn't. But I'm thinking he'll sing some - after all he sings harmony on nearly every song in the setlist. Oh well - I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever the case, as we've said, what's most important is that he follows doctor's orders and fully recuperates.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Rebel

Aw, that's rotten news. Glad he's on the road to recovery, though, and I'm praying he has a thorough and speedy recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    It's certainly possible that he won't sing I Can't Tell You Why in Vegas, but that would be sad if he doesn't. But I'm thinking he'll sing some - after all he sings harmony on nearly every song in the setlist. Oh well - I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Whatever the case, as we've said, what's most important is that he follows doctor's orders and fully recuperates.
    Well, this is exactly what I'm talking about, (the pressure on him to perform) Do you have any idea what he has been through? Did you see Micheal Douglas after he had this surgery? Well, he has recovered & looks much better now, but he had lost about 30 pounds. Now can you imagine Timothy losing weight like that? He's thin to begin with. Do you think that someone is even able to eat after having their throat operated on? I would not even expect him to be singing at this early stage of recovery.
    I am so worried for him right now, I'm sorry but the reality of this is that it is very serious.
    I am praying for him...& his recovery. That is what is most important right now.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, this is exactly what I'm talking about, (the pressure on him to perform) Do you have any idea what he has been through? Did you see Micheal Douglas after he had this surgery? Well, he has recovered & looks much better now, but he had lost about 30 pounds. Now can you imagine Timothy losing weight like that? He's thin to begin with. Do you think that someone is even able to eat after having their throat operated on? I would not even expect him to be singing at this early stage of recovery.
    I am so worried for him right now, I'm sorry but the reality of this is that it is very serious.
    I am praying for him...& his recovery. That is what is most important right now.
    Each person, each doctor is different. I know several people that have had various types of throat and neck surgeries, including cancer, and most had no problems eating withing a few days. There are different types/locations of throat and neck cancers, different stages (requiring different protocols) and different doctors and hospitals have their own procedures that they follow. I don't want to make light of this, it's a serious thing and I'm sure there is (or was) some pressure on him and his doctors to say yes or no by a certain date since cancelling a concert is no trivial thing. In my opinion, though, they waited until they knew one way or the other before making it public. If he has said he can perform, then he can.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    As a matter of fact, I do, several forms of cancer, and not from watching an actor on tv who I don't know personally--it's been my father, my aunt, my uncle, several long times friends and I just found out yesterday that a very dear friend of ours has esophogus cancer and his prognosis is not good at all. Cancer is a damn serious thing, and I don't believe anyone on this board would dispute that! BUT we don't know Timothy's situation and I would be willing to wager big money (if I had it) that Timothy has some of the best doctors money can buy. I sure am not going to second guess them since I have no medical degree. And I sure will not accuse anyone of making decisions that are anything but in Timothy's best interest! Period!

You are not the only one worried about him-- all of us here are genuinely concerned and worried. Heck, I had a dream about this Friday night. We all know it's serious we are all praying and keeping him in our thoughts and know his recovery is important. That being said, I find it more difficult to think positive when I see someone being so negative about it. Truth is, none of us here have any inside track on what is going on in Timothy or Eagles camps. So why be so doubtful about how the situation is being handled?

And I just can't imagine that any of the Eagles would want anything other than to see him healthy also. I find it hard to believe that anyone would think that Don, Glenn, Irving, etc... would ever force any member of the band to perform if they aren't healthy and up to it.

Sorry, TK, if I sound a bit harsh, but seriously, we are all worried enough without these kind of negative comments about him performing next week. Personally, this has been the first thing I do every morning since finding this out, jump on this thread to see if there is an update. And here I sit, still in my pajamas and when I saw your above post, well it just brought me down.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

TBF, I am not being negative. I can't even explain it. I just think expectations are very high & I am just concerned for him. I know that every case is different.
    I didn't mean to bring anyone down & I'm sure Timothy does have the best doctors. I am trying to be positive about it. It's just very difficult for me to imagine him going through this....Please don't jump on my case over it. We are all hurting over this..

We are all very concerned about Timothy for sure. I for one will just be happy to see him back on stage! IMO If Timothy is able to sing he will, if he's not they'll deal with it. Only time will tell.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Sorry, TK, when I read your earlier post last night I read it to mean something different than what you may have meant it to mean. It seemed like you felt that the band, management, and whomever were pushing Timothy into something he wasn't ready for, as well as something that would be a detriment to his health overall. I can't see anyone in the band or their management team, or even Timothy himself, doing anything that would hurt his health or even his long-term performance ability in order to do one show on the 30th. I have to assume that those in possession of all the facts know what they're doing, as I said, we can't judge Timothy's situation by other situations and especially those where we also didn't have all the facts. I didn't think it fair to imply that others are pressuring him into something he shouldn't do.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I am mindful of what is family is going through & I am praying for them as well.

just wondering if anyone has sent Timothy an email or card?...very hard picking out a card for him...and spent a long time on the email too...who knew this would be so difficult to do...