Page 166 of 195 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Well, that was depressing. I hope his birthday bash and the classc concerts have lifted his spirits. Although it reminds me of something in one of the books where Richard Bowden reassures someone that that's just the way Don is.
    I hope the concerts lift his spirits too. If he wants to continue touring, more power to him but I hope he doesn't push himself too hard. On the other hand, the discussion of his various ailments and the funerals he's attended don't make him much different from a lot of 70 year-olds.

It was Joe Walsh whom Richard Bowden was reassuring, telling him to just let Don be tense (in the Eliot book).

I thought Don wanted make an R&B album but the reporter refers to a soul album. The genres overlap anyway, I suppose. It would be great to read his autobiography.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Ok, not really press but watched the World Athletics Championships on TV. I think it's bad form of the crowd to boo Justin Gatlin by the way. #getoverit.

Our coverage did a summary of our gold in men's 4x100 relay to The Boys of Summer - instantly recognisable and so atmospheric.

SS
    xx
    http://aweaponryofwords.blogspot.co.uk/

Nice interview of Don. I didn't post it in the Eagles press thread b/c it includes mention of the new Eagles and am unsure of the protocol.

Glenn is still very much on his mind.
    “It’s very strange to be on the road without him,” Henley began. “It’s just odd. I don’t know if I will ever get completely accustomed to it.”
    Also, some more detail about the Hotel California/Broadway project.
    Frey was working on plans to produce a musical-theater piece based on The Eagles’ catalog — the pivotal piece being the 1976’s 32 million seller, “Hotel California.” Frey, a native of Detroit, had visited the University of Michigan to try out some of the songs with a choral group.

“Just how the songs worked in a different context,” Henley said. “(Frey) was very keen to do that research and find out about the process. And then he got pneumonia.”
    "The Eagles are coming to town, with Glenn Frey’s son Deacon taking his place",The Seattle Times, Sept. 15, 2017

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Thanks Delilah - An interesting read.
    However, I don't get this : "Things were fine between the two friends before Frey’s death, Henley said. They had just finished the “History of the Eagles” tour and each gone back home to their families". If things were "fine" why would Don say he and Glenn had been "estranged for years" when he gave the interview with the Washington Post in Dec. 2016 for the KCH.

This confirms my feelings that they had been thinking about touring again since Don made that statement to the Montreal newspaper in March 2016 about only getting back together if Deacon would do it.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks Delilah and really great interview!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    However, I don't get this : "Things were fine between the two friends before Frey’s death, Henley said. They had just finished the “History of the Eagles” tour and each gone back home to their families". If things were "fine" why would Don say he and Glenn had been "estranged for years" when he gave the interview with the Washington Post in Dec. 2016 for the KCH.
    Are you thinking of this comment from Jackson Browne?
    Browne described Henley and Frey differently.
    “I think that they figured out how to come back together and work, but I don’t think they ever quite achieved the same kind of bond that they had in their youth,” he says.
    He recounts a telling exchange with Henley before the Grammy tribute.
    “I mentioned, in retrospect, ‘You know, I was really estranged from Glenn,’ and he said, ‘I was, too.’ ”
    Washington Post
    If so, I think I get it. They weren't really estranged but they no longer had the close relationship that they shared when young. Also, Don's view may have shifted. The exchange with Jackson was at the Grammy tribute when everything was raw and he may have been regretting not having that final chance to make it right. Eighteen months later, he may have been reassured that Glenn understood.

I liked the interview. It's a reminder that Don is an emotional man and he's just finding his way through like the rest of us.

Stuck on the Border

UTW - Yes, that is the interview I am referring too. Thanks.

Interesting interview with Henley, thanks Delilah.

Don, Clint Black, and Lyle Lovett will have a benefit concert for the people who were hit by Hurricane Harvey. The benefit concert is on November 28th. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ricane-benefit

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Don, Clint Black, and Lyle Lovett will have a benefit concert for the people who were hit by Hurricane Harvey. The benefit concert is on November 28th. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ricane-benefit
    Proud of my fellow native Texans! Sounds like a great show!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."