Page 105 of 148 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Chris will be what, 75 or 76 by then? Ay caramba. She looks absolutely beautiful though, if very thin, and played and sang as well as ever. It's touching how shy she still is.

https://www.npr.org/sections/world-c...-on-world-cafe

This was an interview that Lindsey and Christine did that possibly was done when they were in Texas for November. I'm not sure of the location, since I first heard about this on the website for KXT 91.7. There are a couple of live recordings from Bethlehem, PA on the last show of the first leg for "Red Sun" and "Feel About You." I hope that this means they'll release a live album, like LB's One Man Show, which is apparently missing from iTunes. He also says that "Love Is Here to Stay" is about his wife.

EDIT: I don't know if it was done on the phone or what, since apparently the host works in Philadelphia or at least World Cafe is based there. I don't even know if they went to Pennsylvania for the 2nd leg. The host asked on Twitter for some fan questions that weren't used in the interview back before the start of the 2nd leg in October.

Lindsey and Chris were indeed in Pennsylvania - in Bethlehem back in August. I had considered going, but then they added more shows and one was closer to my home down in the swamplands Thank you for sharing this interview!

Quote: "He also says that 'Love Is Here to Stay' is about his wife." Awww! I also assume (which is not wise to do) from Christine's lyrics that she has a love in her life as well.

I've heard that Sirius is going to add a Fleetwood Mac channel. Don't know when. I hope it's true!

SiriusXM Canada was supposed to start yesterday. For us in the US, I think it starts this coming Wednesday. I just went back to do a search and it doesn't have it on there anymore.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Yes, there are some issues with the launch.

EDIT: On an FB group, we're speculating that there might be some issue regarding finalizing tour dates for FM, so that could be why the launch is delayed. I don't know what's going on, and it is odd that for Fleetwood Mac that it wouldn't be launched on time. Then again, it's dysfunction!

Forgive me if this question is too picayune, but how do you hear the opening lyrics of "Go Your Own Way": Loving you/isn't the right thing to do or If loving you/isn't the right thing to do?

I always heard it the latter way, "If loving you..." which seems to flow perfectly as a set up to then "how can I change things that I feel?" But a source no less weighty than The Times (of London) quotes it as "Loving you" and I see the online lyrics have it that way too.

This is kind of unsettling...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Forgive me if this question is too picayune, but how do you hear the opening lyrics of "Go Your Own Way": Loving you/isn't the right thing to do or If loving you/isn't the right thing to do?

I always heard it the latter way, "If loving you..." which seems to flow perfectly as a set up to then "how can I change things that I feel?" But a source no less weighty than The Times (of London) quotes it as "Loving you" and I see the online lyrics have it that way too.

This is kind of unsettling...
    It's just 'loving you isn't the right thing to do'.

I'm not the expert but he wants out of the relationship from the very first line & that's how he states it.

Oh see, that's not how I've been interpreting it all these years. I heard more ambivalence in his voice, like "I shouldn't want you but I do."

Sigh. Wrong for 41 years!

Stuck on the Border

It is ambivalent though. He goes on to say 'if I could, baby I'd give you my world/how can I when you won't take it from me'?

It's my favourite song by them & always has been.