Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Beach Boys

Default Re: Beach Boys

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TK - you must be talking about the cheapest of the cheapest Eagles tickets. An Eagles ticket may have been around $5.00 in the very early days of the band, but by the mid-to-late 70's, I believe they were running around $12.50 - $15.00 for the good seats. I remember because I actually wanted to go to a concert, but couldn't afford it. As far as ticket prices for HFO, again, the cheapest seats may have been $50.00, but most of the tickets were going for over $100.00. In fact, the Eagles were one of, if not the first band, to charge over $100.00 for a ticket at that time.
    I do remember reading that the Eagles were the first band to break the $100 ticket barrier...but never knew if it was really true

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Even it it's a typo and it's supposed to be $50, I don't remember that, either. Just goes to prove that Mike Love has lost touch with reality on a number of things. I can tell you I'd not spend $5 to see the Beach Boys without Brian Wilson. In fact, if they showed up at my house and wanted to play in my yard for free I'd probably ask them to leave.
    AMEN!!
    Mr. Love needs to get over himself, once and for all...honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    TK - you must be talking about the cheapest of the cheapest Eagles tickets. An Eagles ticket may have been around $5.00 in the very early days of the band, but by the mid-to-late 70's, I believe they were running around $12.50 - $15.00 for the good seats. I remember because I actually wanted to go to a concert, but couldn't afford it. As far as ticket prices for HFO, again, the cheapest seats may have been $50.00, but most of the tickets were going for over $100.00. In fact, the Eagles were one of, if not the first band, to charge over $100.00 for a ticket at that time.
    I don't have any actual ticket stubs from an Eagles show in the 70's, but I do recall a lot of shows being $5. & not just the cheapest seats. It really depends on the venue. All concerts were in that price range in the early 70's, even for bands much bigger than the Eagles. I guess maybe $12-15 was later in the 70's. It's all a little fuzzy now!!!LOL
    My seats for HFO were $50. for the lower tier at the Giants Stadium. These were the best we were able to get. I don't remember if there were $100. seats, but that is possible. As I recall these were very good seats.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well some of the 70's stuff is fuzzy for me too, so I'm not going to get in a debate with anyone over ticket prices. But I do know that sometime around the mid-to late 70's, I really wanted to go to an Eagles concert but couldn't afford a $12 - $15 ticket. There may have been cheaper seats available, but if so, I don't recall that.

As far as the HFO prices, all I know is that the bests seats in most venues went for over $100.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Back in March '94 the LA Times ran an article entitled "Concert Prices Taken to the Limit?" in which there was a great deal of criticism and speculation about the "over $100" cost for admission - first for the Eagles and shortly thereafter for Streisand. I wish I could find the actual article but haven't been able to dig it up. Nobody had ever done it before and there were a lot of critics who were certain the band would play to mostly empty venues if they didn't drop the price! I guess the critics ended up eating a lot of humble pie because the fans didn't let cost stop them.
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

I do remember there being a big stink about prices going over $100, but today that seems like a bargain. I think concert prices are just so out of control. I mean think of a teenager that may want to take a date to a concert? Now that date cost about $300. & that's not even for a top band, and parking, & whatever other costs are invoved... That really kind of sucks. When I was a teenager, I went to a concert every weekend, maybe even more than one. Now, for kids, that's probably not possible. How many teens have that kind of money?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

THE ONLY CHEAP CONCERT TX THING I CAN REMEMBER IS WHEN THE SPECTRUM WAS CLOSING...THE LAST CONCERT THERE WAS hALL AND OATES AND tODD RUDGREN AND hOOTERS (ALL PHILLY BANDS) AND THEY DID A CHEAP SEATS THING LIKE $2.94 OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR TO MIRROW THE PRICES WHEN THEY FIRST PLAYED THERE. cOOL IDEA.TX SOLD OUT IN A BLINK.
    lAST TIME WE SAW THE EAGLES AT THE WACOVIA BEFORE A THANKSGIVING...THERE HAD BEEN THREE OFFICERS KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY AND gf TALKED ABOUT THE OFFICERS FAMILYS BEING THERE AND OTHER OFFICERS FAMILIES BEING THERE AS GUESTS OF THE BAND. sO COOL THE BAND GOT A STANDING OVATION. i WILL ALWAYS REMEBER THAT MOMENT. SO GRACIOUS.

TT

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well to bring this thread back on topic about The Beach Boys, I just realized that I didn't comment about this. I'm not sure what Mike Love is thinking, but I sure hope it backfires. I guess he must have a pretty big ego, but I doubt if Mike Love is the first name that comes to most people's minds when you mention The Beach Boys. I like zelda's analogy that it's kind of like Tim firing Glenn and Don from the Eagles. Go figure!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Surely he knows that ticket sales will plummet now. I guess whatever issues they have with each other outweigh everything else.

And that statement about the Eagles is astoundingly inaccurate. Maybe Love has them confused with some other band. He doesn't seem to be thinking too straight lately.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This article was posted in the LA Times regarding the Beach Boys with many references to the statement about the Eagles, the $5 ticket prices, & relationship with them. Apparently there was a BB/ Eagles show with tickets at $5, on June 21, 1975 at Wembley Stadium...Interesting article

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7962939.story