Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy Meisner in the Press

Default Re: Randy Meisner in the Press

WooHoo Randy!!

And Timothy is at #19.

Saw this pop up if anyone is in the area...

— Sunday, Aug. 20 10:30 am-dark

13th Annual Concert in the Park, 10:30 a.m., dark. at Centennial Park in Mitchell. Performances starting at noon: Pine Ridge Agency Singers and Many Nations Dancers, Freddy Marquez, Avid Discord, Green Valley Homesteaders, New Song, Danny O & the Troublemakers,Drivin’ Dynamics with a tribute to Randy Meisner, who was a founding member of the Eagles.
    Here is the link:

http://www.starherald.com/news/local...641770efb.html

Thanks for posting that, ETG. I love that Randy is being recognized with a tribute. He was a founding member of the Drivin Dynamics as well as the Eagles.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Randy and "Hearts On Fire" get a shout-out on Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru radio show. A listener with the last name of Meisner emails a question, and Mr. Cornette wonders if he's related to Randy Meisner. Then Mr. Cornette goes on to say that "Hearts on Fire" is one of his favorite early 80s pop hits and "just google it...a very underrated forgotten deserving of a summertime pop song."

Jim Cornette is apparently a well-known wrestling personality. I don't follow wrestling so I'm not familiar with him, but I think it's so cool that he recommended the song to his listeners.

To listen to the podcast, click on the link and scroll down to Episode 6, April 3, 2017. The bit about Randy starts about 8 minutes in. I should mention that he also says Timothy is the only nice one of the Eagles.

Warning: colorful language and political talk precede the Randy part

http://www.mlwradio.com/jim-cornette-s-drive-thru.html

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Wouldn't it be great if "Hearts on Fire" was used in a movie or tv show and got a lot of new fans.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if "Hearts on Fire" was used in a movie or tv show and got a lot of new fans.
    That would be so great. Although I think I'd prefer "Deep Inside My Heart" or "Gotta Get Away" but HOF is fine too!

I've often thought TALA would be great to use in a Richard Linklater-type movie.

I came across this interview of Stephen A. Love, Randy’s friend and former band mate from Gold Rush. Stephen replaced Randy when Randy left the Stone Canyon Band a second time.

He shares this memory of being in London at the same the Eagles debut album was being made (he goes into more detail in the Rick Nelson biography):

Are there any memories from gigs, jams, open acts and studio sessions which you’d like to share with us?

The “Royal Albert Hall” in London is the best gig anyone will every play in a lifetime. I did once with “Rick Nelson” when our smash hit “Garden Party” was number one! It had sold 8 million copies by that time and it was a phenomenal experience to be treasured. I almost missed the performance because I was at Trident studio’s outside London listening to the very first “Eagles” album all afternoon with Glyn John and the boys. I am the first person to ever hear that album played for me that day. I knew it was a hit! They were on their way!
    He brings it up again towards the end of the blog:
    Let’s take a trip with a time machine, so where and why would you really wanna go for a whole day..?

1971: London, England to be the first person to hear the first “Eagles” album at Trident Studio’s, thanks to Randy Meisner and play through Jimmy Page of Led Zepplin’s recording amplifier, then back to limousine and the “ROYAL ALBERT HALL” for the concert of a lifetime!
    ”Stephen A. Love: Rock & Roll Gumbo”, Blues GR, June 26, 2015

Cool find, Delilah! I would like to take a trip on that time machine as well!!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Very nice, thank you D. Which Rick Nelson biography?

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I came across this interview of Stephen A. Love, Randy’s friend and former band mate from Gold Rush. Stephen replaced Randy when Randy left the Stone Canyon Band a second time.

He shares this memory of being in London at the same the Eagles debut album was being made (he goes into more detail in the Rick Nelson biography):

He brings it up again towards the end of the blog:

”Stephen A. Love: Rock & Roll Gumbo”, Blues GR, June 26, 2015
    Great find, thanks Delilah.