Page 172 of 195 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Well, I certainly hope that this is just an elaborate, highly fictionalized version of that night so many years ago, sensationalized to draw traffic to the website. It appears we will have our answer in 2018.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I certainly hope that this is just an elaborate, highly fictionalized version of that night so many years ago, sensationalized to draw traffic to the website. It appears we will have our answer in 2018.
    Jeez, I was thinking the exact same thing and wondering what recourse anyone would have to stop/prevent things like this from happening.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

It appears that defamation laws apply to Blind Items where the individual can be easily identified. However, bringing a lawsuit could draw attention to it.

I don't condone anything Don Henley may or may not have done but I distrust Blind Items.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    She didn't have the camera, Henley did. She just happened to take a few of the polaroids he took with her without anyone noticing.

What's with all the victim blaming here?
    I didn't mean to imply that the victim should be blamed or that she shouldn't come forward, if things did happen the way this account states they did. I was just questioning whether this was the truth or not. If it is the truth, I hope she does make people pay. If not, I hope she doesn't cause too much trouble for Don.

Either way, I feel sad for the innocent victims -- namely, Don's wife and kids.

Turning the tables a little. Here's an article from last night's benefit concert in Ft. Worth.

http://www.star-telegram.com/enterta...187028563.html

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

If the the mainstream media has noticed I would imagine they would be concerned about thoroughly vetting all sources same with print and online tabloid publications. I'm not a journalist or lawyer. This is just common sense.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Especially when the person in question has a very powerful and vindictive manager. I think it's too hot to touch. Our lawyer friends would know better though.

I don't know what to make of the story: it's got a lot of detail (the amounts of each kind of drug!), but it also reads a bit like a conspiracy web site.

If I remembered correctly, I don't think she gave his name. It was the readers putting two and two together.

Unless you've been living under a rock or don't follow Don or the Eagles, nobody probably would had known it was Don.

Whether this news will come out next year or not, the big media should had picked up on this already. The media are not that stupid, but they show are acting like it. Why wait? That was the only reason I thought this new stuff was fishy. If it was true, you would had came out with it not wait. Nobody else is waiting until the holidays are over.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Sh did not use names, only #1, etc. You would have to have had lived in a cave to not know who she was talking about. Everyone who left a comment picked out who she was talking about in terms of #'s 1,2 & 3. This is old news, maybe that's why we haven't heard anything. However, in this day and age with everything going on now who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Turning the tables a little. Here's an article from last night's benefit concert in Ft. Worth.

http://www.star-telegram.com/enterta...187028563.html
    Thanks for the link, Shun! It sounds like a great show for a worthy cause. Bass Hall is just beautiful. I would have loved to hear Don and Clint duet on “Desperado.”

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...