Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Will they play again?

Default Re: Will they play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Yes, they will play again. Yes, Glenn's son will play with them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b041db896519e4
    Yep, I agree. The question has been answered--I'm not sure why this thread is still going? Esp. with two other threads addressing the same topic; it gets redundant...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

It always makes me chuckle a bit when someone posting in a thread asks why it's still going. You're answering your own question!

Still, it is true there is more than one thread on this topic. I suppose it could be merged with Eagles 3.0, but the problem is that this thread was started before all of that.... I'll think about it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It always makes me chuckle a bit when someone posting in a thread asks why it's still going. You're answering your own question!

Still, it is true there is more than one thread on this topic. I suppose it could be merged with Eagles 3.0, but the problem is that this thread was started before all of that.... I'll think about it.
    Lol, I realize making a comment means that I'm doing my own part...but maybe if someone spoke up...if I may offer a suggestion, I think that this topic really is different from the Classic Concert/Eagles 3.0 discussion but it started veering off...in my view perhaps it should stay separate but closed. Although if anyone had any more insight about the actual question "Will they play again", it would be unfortunate to not be able to read/discuss it.
    Last edited by Delilah; 05-19-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I thought it might be Deacon. How do you all feel about that?
    Honestly, I hope Deacon doesnt look back on this one day and wonder if he should have taken a pass.

Banned

Positively, I hope it's the greatest day(s) of Deacons's life... so far.

I think the question "Will they play again?" is almost certain to crop up again. Certainly this August. It looks like they will.

I'm interested to see what changes, if any, now Glenn's no longer running the show, will occur. Such as, Will all the band still be on stage at all times during the concert? Will they adopt a policy to always play at least one new or previously not performed track?

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

I think the question "Will they play again?" is almost certain to crop up again. Certainly this August. It looks like they will.

I'm interested to see what changes, if any, now Glenn's no longer running the show, will occur. Such as, Will all the band still be on stage at all times during the concert? Will they adopt a policy to always play at least one new or previously not performed track?
    Being a member of a legendary band that has some fans questionining "what's next" and not in a positive tone e.g. more "Replacement Children"? is a legitimate concern as is the question of will Glenn's replacement make more than TBS, SS and JW or at least as much as DH? What about Guest Artists? How do they fit into revising the band's policy to compensate for the use of their "talent" to supplement the Eagles brand? And lets not forget merchandise sales/licensing how is that going to work out with some of the big names we've seen as potential additions e.g. Seger, Browne, Souther, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

I'm interested to see what changes, if any, now Glenn's no longer running the show, will occur.
    Good point. My concern is that this will devolve into simply another opportunity to take snipey digs against the Remaining 3. If so, then I'm out.

What's happening in August?

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK View Post
    I thought it might be Deacon. How do you all feel about that?
    I'm sorry if I posed this question in the wrong thread.
    Everyone here knows where I stand - no Glenn, no Eagles, but as others feel differently I just wondered what they thought about Deacon appearing. That's all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    What's happening in August?
    The Classic concerts will be over and the question. Will they play again will surface again.

I've no idea what the incoming guests are going to contribute. Henley is still singing and writing great, Tim's voice is getting better with age and Joe's guitar playing is still exceptional. I hope the live set list shifts to reflect and highlight these attributes, dragging them out of the legacy market.

I don't think Deacon is a being lined up as a direct replacement for Glenn. A precedent will be set though. Don, Joe and Tim all have musical offspring too. I wonder if they're now making preparations to become future Eagles. :

It was Henley's wedding anniversary yesterday. I'm guessing that that was the last time all the band got together outside Eagles obligations, which will happen again, this year, at Henley's birthday party. It'd be great to see them playing together again outside the confines of the band in the future. It happened lots in the 70s, very rarely, if at all, since HFO. There's even question marks about Long Road Out Of Eden!