Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

We are only concerned about full articles at the moment.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Just wanted to give everyone a little update about how we are coming along with our little 'project'. Over the weekend, with the help of Koala, TimothyBFan, timfan, and Freypower, we scanned almost all of the forums to identify posts that may need editing. It was quite an undertaking, and we are almost complete. That doesn't mean we found everything so, again, we appreciate all of your help in continuing to check and edit your own posts.

However, that was just the first part. The next step now is to attempt to edit or delete information without making the threads meaningless. That is going to be quite time-consuming, and it is something that we will probably be doing over the course of the next several weeks. We wanted to make everyone aware of this in case you still come across information and wonder why it hasn't been removed. We'll get through all of it in due time.

In the meantime, we just ask that going forward everyone follow the new practice. Remember, it is okay to link to an article and even post small excerpts from articles. However, please do not copy and paste most or all of an article or post an excerpt without linking to the original article. If you have any questions about any of this, please let us know. And once again, thanks for your help and cooperation with this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You really have your work cut out for you and I appreciate you guys taking the time to do this.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes. Thanks to all of you who are helping out. You guys Rock!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thumbs up Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Keep up the good work folks.

Don't want you guys getting sued too.

Must be a real bummer for the Fastlane people.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Thanks for all your hard work, everyone!

Default Re: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

I am reviving this old thread because I just had to delete some posts where one of our members posted the full text of several old newspaper articles. Because of potential legal issues, we do not allow this on The Border. As a reminder to all of our members, if you want to post copyright articles, please post the link to the site for the article rather than the text.

If you want to learn more about the legal implications of this, please read through this thread. Thanks!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Would it be OK for me to post a scan of one page from a book, if I credit the book's author and include the book's title, year and publisher? The scan doesn't contain text (aside from brief photo captions). The page has two photos of Randy Meisner's artwork - a clay sculpture and a study in chalk.

Thanks!

NMB, I'm thinking it should be okay as long as there is no explicit instructions in the book from the author or publisher forbidding it and as long as proper credit is given. But, keep in mind, permission from the copyright owner of the photographs is what matters in the end. So, if in doubt, you may want to contact them.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

OK, thank you Dreamer.