Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Released

Default Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Released

Last edited by Dawn; 05-16-2018 at 11:01 AM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Queen and Freddie Mercury Biopic Trailer Released

I watched it earlier today. It looks absolutely amazing. Normally I hear the word 'biopic' & I run a mile but this looks good.

I watched the trailer. It looks good. I'm so glad its finally coming out after years and years of setbacks.

I was looking up on Wikipedia about the movie and who plays who. I remembered the guy who plays Freddie Mercury from the movie Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2. Then the guy who plays John Deacon I remembered him from so many movies when he was a kid. He's all grown up now.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-16-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

What an amazing human being Freddie Mercury was - I am thrilled the film is headed for the big screen soon and hope the screenplay and actors do him justice, as well as his former lover and long time friend Mary Austin, other key people and events eg Live Aid concert.

Speaking of Live Aid here is a brief clip of a few of Freddie's and Queen's most memorable performances which includes some of Live Aid, Barcelona, The Great Pretender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeEpjHxZEUM

As a life-long Queen fan (since the age of 5), I have mixed feelings about this. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I generally don't like biopics of people I really like, as I feel the actors never even come close to the original. I might have to see this though...I remember the actor who plays Freddie as Pharoah Akmenrah from the Night at the Museum movies.

Queen at Live Aid was AWESOME...the best live performance I have ever seen (well, I didn't see it live, just on the DVD). No one could hold an audience like Freddie (imo).

I remembered watching some of Live Aid on MTV when I was 5. I think it was live on MTV. The only performance I remembered was Queen. I couldn't remembered anybody else's performance.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    As a life-long Queen fan (since the age of 5), I have mixed feelings about this. I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I generally don't like biopics of people I really like, as I feel the actors never even come close to the original. I might have to see this though...I remember the actor who plays Freddie as Pharoah Akmenrah from the Night at the Museum movies.

Queen at Live Aid was AWESOME...the best live performance I have ever seen (well, I didn't see it live, just on the DVD). No one could hold an audience like Freddie (imo).
    Yes, I agree - I find most biopics hard to embrace. How do you capture lightening in a bottle?

I am hopeful this biopic hits the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I remembered watching some of Live Aid on MTV when I was 5. I think it was live on MTV. The only performance I remembered was Queen. I couldn't remembered anybody else's performance.
    I wasn't quite born yet when Live Aid aired - I believe it was the summer of 1985 and I was born in February 1986. Queen totally stole the show. I have the entire concert on DVD and it's definitely worth it. Another fantastic Queen performance is their live at Wembley concert from 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I wasn't quite born yet when Live Aid aired - I believe it was the summer of 1985 and I was born in February 1986. Queen totally stole the show. I have the entire concert on DVD and it's definitely worth it. Another fantastic Queen performance is their live at Wembley concert from 1986.
    Yes it was July 1985. I love the Wembley concert. I've seen the video on YouTube.

I gotta say ... Freddie soared on Barcelona ... Incredible performance with the great Montserrat Caballé