Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Tribute Bands

Default Re: Tribute Bands

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    So sorry I missed it all. I will have to keep an eye out because they seem to stay in Illinois and see if we can catch another show.

Thanks Cathy for the great review!
    Willie, what happened? Did I miss something? Weren't you and Cathy both supposed to see this show? Last I read, you were hittin' the road , off to Illinois...
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Yeah, she bailed on me! But for a good reason. Check out the What's Happening in Your Life thread and Willie explains how Larry got very sick on the way to the show. Thank goodness he's okay now. But I wish they could have been there.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Just got back from seeing a tribute band -"Hotel California". These guys were out of S. California and were different from the band with the same name I saw a couple of years ago.

I managed to wiggle my way right down by the stage (without dreamer having me in a wrestling hold to do it).

And no, Kay - no Peter Schwetty's and no getting spit on -but it was a blast nonetheless!

While they had great voices and lovely harmonies -they didn't particularly have the Eagles "sound" down. Great musicianship, though. They did a fantastic job with "Seven Bridges Road". (Now if I could only see the "real" thing!)

Having had a few "brewskies" with friends beforehand, I had fun dancing and singing right down by the stage, and they seemed to notice that I knew every word. Heck, I knew every woo hoo.

After the show, I went over to the band to say hello and got a big "hug" from one of the "lead" singers. He said he didn't think he'd ever seen anyone at the show who knew every word to "Smuggler's Blues" before.

Kay, be very glad that Ditka didn't have your cell phone number in his phone. I believe he filled up Z's mailbox again. I hope she slaps him silly next time she sees him!

Sounds like you had a blast Molly. And sounds similar to my tribute band experience. Not quite the Eagles' sound, but great musicianship and fun to hear all your favorites!
    ~ Cathy ~

Sounds like a great night, Molly!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you got to see this, Molly. That guy must have a short memory cause when I went to see them a few years ago, they told me exactly the same thing. After the show, they remarked how I sang every work to every song. Hey - I told them I was a hardcore.

So Molly, I'm proud that you made your way to the foot of the stage without me! But, I'm also kinda glad you didn't get spit on - I mean those guys ain't no Glenn Frey, after all. So was Ditka standing at the stage with you or did you leave him sitting? And whatever you do, make sure he doesn't find my cell phone number. Z would be very jealous and upset if he wasted time calling me when he could be calling her.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

For those of you who have been holding your breath (only a precious few, I hope)--my report on the B Street Band , the longest-running tribute band to Springsteen (and actually to anyone, so they say). Well they are a dead-ringer for the songs and sounds of Bruce and the E Streeters! It was amazing! It doesn't hurt that the lead singer has a decent resemblance to Bruce, and definitely has all of his stage presence, banter, mannerisms, and speaking voice down pat. It's pretty funny when he breaks character and says something between songs in his regular voice, though. If you can't get tix to the real deal, or just want some Bruce Juice in between tours, I would highly recommend seeing these guys. You won't be disappointed!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - EV - I just seem to be following you around the board this morning. No wonder you've been MIA from The Border - seems like somebody has been taking in quite a few concerts this summer! You go girl!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yeah, that's only part of it. Wish it was all of it! That and work and kid-raising...

As an aside, I discovered I just went over 2000 posts! Imagine where I would be if I hadn't taken so much time off!
    ~Eva~

Congratulations on 2000 EV. I also understand about real life interferring with Border time lately.
    ~ Cathy ~